Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lets all clean KB Beach!

Yeah - I know I haven't written here for ages - but it wasn't my fault if that's what your thinking...

I was so busy with school and other things that kept cropping up.

One of those things that cropped up was a beach clean up! I'm still sore from that that day, and if you knew why, you'd be too.

The day started with all of us hopping on the bus to KB (Kuala Belait). It was a two hours drive to KB (yes, TWO WHOLE HOURS!) After a potluck breakfast we ( Rahmah, Tajima and me) splashed around the water for a while before pulled on our gloves and went trash hunting.



Us being us, just had to go the opposite direction of the other people and I'm glad to say that we hit the junk jackpot. We found a brick(!) and it was really heavy. We also found many glass bottles but none of them had a message or a genie in them, instead, most of them were filled with mud. Yuk!


We then had to haul the heavy the bag half-way across the beach and that's when we started wishing we never found that brick.

Guess what? After that back-breaking work, we're given even more back-breaking work. We had to carry this girl all the way to huts because she couldn't find her shoes and was afraid of getting bitten by ants. Man, was she heavy; and the fact that she kept screaming every time we picked her up didn't help.

Yeah - my arms still kind of hurt from all that lifting.

Oh! And I forgot to mention that we found a huge jellyfish washed up on shore. And after that, we weren't allowed back into the water :(

AND, we were in the Borneo Bulletin. Click here to see it.

Bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment